Definitions and Interpretation
Eligibility To Use
General Obligations and Restrictions
Updates, Modifications and Availability
Intellectual Property Rights
Third Party Resources
The Platform may contain links to third party’s websites, products, services, information, advertisement or other materials (“Third Party Resources”) that are not owned or controlled by Livspace, or the Services may be accessible through Third Party Resources. Links to Third Party Resources do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Livspace of such Third Party Resources. When Users access Third Party Resources, Users do so at their own risk. Users hereby represent and warrant that they have read and agree to be bound by all applicable policies of any Third Party Resources relating to the use of their services and act in accordance with those policies, in addition to Users’ obligations under the Terms. Livspace has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy, privacy policies, or practices of or opinions expressed in any Third Party Resources. In addition, Livspace will not and cannot monitor, verify, censor or edit the content of any Third Party Resources. Users expressly relieve and hold harmless Livspace from any and all liability arising from the use of any Third Party Resources.
Disclaimer of liabilities
Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
Term, Violation, Suspension and Termination
Users shall not commit any act of bribery or corruption, including directly or indirectly give, make, offer or receive or agree to make any payments, contributions, gifts, entertainment or other advantages for the purpose of obtaining or retaining business which a reasonable person would consider to be unethical, illegal or improper, or which is in violation of any anti-bribery or anti-corruption laws and regulations. A violation of this provision will result in immediate termination of your Account and access to or use of the Platform and/or Services.
Livspace is committed in providing a community environment between Users that is free from harassment. Harassment based upon an individual's sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All Users, including end-users and Third Party Vendors and Service Providers, and our employees or agents, are expected and required to abide by this policy. A violation of this provision will result in immediate termination of your Account and access to or use of the Platform and/or Services.
Sexual harassment is behavior of a sexual nature that is unwelcome and offensive to the person or persons it is targeted toward. Examples of harassing behavior may include unwanted physical contact, foul language of an offensive sexual nature, sexual propositions, sexual jokes or remarks, obscene gestures, and displays of pornographic or sexually explicit pictures, drawings, or caricatures. All Users, including end-users and Third Party Vendors and Service Providers, and our employees or agents, are expected and required to abide by this policy. A violation of this provision will result in immediate termination of your Account and access to or use of the Platform and/or Services.
In the event you come across any abuse or violation of the Terms or if you become aware of any objectionable content on the Platform, please report the same to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Report IP Infringement
If you believe the Platform or any products/services offered on or through the Platform violates your intellectual property, you must please promptly notify Livspace in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notifications should only be submitted by the owner of the intellectual property or an agent authorized to act on his/her behalf. However, any false claim by yYou may result in the termination of your access to or use of the Platform or Services. You are required to provide the following details in the notice:
- Your contact details, such as your address, telephone number, and/or email;
- The intellectual property that you believe is being infringed;
- The item that you think is infringing and include sufficient information about where the material is located on the Platform;
A statement that you believe in good faith that the item you have
identified as infringing is not authorized by the intellectual
property owner, its agent, or the law to be used in connection
with the Platform;
Your contact details, such as your address, telephone number, and/or email; aA statement that the information you provided in your notice is accurate, and that you are the intellectual property owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the intellectual property owner whose intellectual property is being infringed; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
Irrespective of the country from which Users access or use the Platform and/or Services, to the extent permitted by law, the Terms shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Singapore without regard to choice or conflicts of law principles, and Users hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore to resolve any claims or disputes which may arise in connection with the Terms.
Customer Do's & Don'ts
Livspace endeavors to provide you a premium home design experience with its professional services 'and highly skilled team of professionals. Help us in this process by following some of these simple instructions.
- Please be clear and explicit about all your requirements, including any specific requirements, restrictions, deadlines, etc at the initial stages of discussion with our design partners or personnel.
- Please read, verify and confirm the Bill of Quantity (“BoQ”) that will be sent to you before the final order is placed. We will not be able to make any changes to the BoQ once the order is finalised and a sales order is placed.
- Treat our professionals with respect. If you have any concerns regarding their behavior or attitude, please let us know and we will aim to resolve it quickly at our end.
- If any additional work/services are required to be done, please contact the community manager in charge directly and do not give such instructions to anyone else.
- In case you are unhappy with the product or our services, we are happy to address your concerns through our customer care executives. You could also contact the community manager in charge and we shall try our best to redress your concerns, subject to our policies. Please refer to our Escalation System for more details.
- Please ensure that all the products you purchased from us are maintained in accordance with the Care Instructions. In case of any query, feel free to contact our customer care executives.
- The design outline (2D and 3D) and/or BoQ in relation to your project has exclusively been prepared for you. You shall not share such design outline and/or BoQ to any third party without the prior written consent from our authorised personnel.
- Do not threaten or intimidate the professionals if there are any issues with the products or services. Reach out to our customer care executives who are always happy to help. Please refer to our Escalation System for more details.
- We have zero tolerance towards any form of sexual harassment or discrimination. If any such harassment or discrimination is reported by our professionals, it shall be investigated and appropriate actions shall be taken in accordance with our policies, including, policy on prevention of sexual harassment.
- At Livspace, we respect everyone’s privacy and we hope that you would too. Please do not take photographs/videos/audio recording of our professionals at any time, including without limitation, the time of site visit, meetings, delivery or installation. If you wish to take photos or videos of the installation process, please check with our professionals. Failure to obtain the consent of our professionals prior to taking such photograph, videos or audio recording shall be construed as violation of their right to privacy and a violation of our policies and appropriate legal actions shall be initiated against you.
- Livpsace has a very strict anti-bribery policy and we request you not to pay our professionals for any special/ speedier services. If any of our professional makes such request, please report it immediately to our customer ervice or to your community manager so that appropriate actions may be taken.
- Please do not leave any valuable items at home when our team takes over your house to carry out the installations. While we shall take reasonable care of your property during the installation period, we are not liable for any loss of valuable items left unattended at your home.
Cancelling your project
In the unlikely event that you decide to cancel your project after paying the booking amount (10% of project value), you hereby agree that in the event, you decide to cancel your order with the Company, you will be forfeiting the sum/payment/consideration already paid by you towards the Services and the Company shall not be liable to refund such sum/payment/consideration received from you towards your order.
However, we would like to get a chance to redress your grievances, if any, in order to help you change your mind. Tell us how we can serve you better by writing to email@example.com or speaking directly to your Community Manager.
Cancelling/ replacing product(s) in your order
Design stage: Any product in the tentative Bill of Quantity (“BoQ”) can be replaced or removed while you’re still discussing designs with your team before the final order is placed i.e. till the Sales Order is not created. However, any change/modification that results in the reduction of project value by 50% or more of the initial project value (i.e. the project value at the time of booking and paying the booking amount) will be deemed to be a cancellation of your project.
Post final order: Because each item is made to order, Livspace cannot offer to cancel, replace or modify items once the final order is placed i.e. a sales order is created. However, please be assured that your design team will always provide you a tentative BoQ which shall contain all the relevant information in relation to the items proposed to be ordered before placing the final order.
Return, Exchange & refund
We understand that sometimes things simply don’t work out. At the time of delivery, if you receive a damaged or defective product, Livspace shall contact the third party service provider and the third party service provider may at its sole discretion may give you the following options for returning the product:
- Rectify/Replace the returned product.
with another product, wherein
- if the new product exceeds the order value of the returned product, you will be required to pay the extra amount.
- if the order value of the new product is less than that of the returned product, we will refund the extra amount or provide store credit, as applicable.
One way or the other, you will end up with a great product!
We will honour your request to return a product under the following conditions:
- All products must be returned unused with their original price tags and labels.
- The original invoice must be presented upon returning the merchandise.
- Our quality assurance team and the third party service provider’s team will inspect all returned items within 72 hours of the request. Only when it passes our standard quality assurance test, will we be able to process the return.
- Other product-specific conditions which will be informed to you at the time you place a request for return.
- Customised furniture pieces purchased through Livspace cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Any non-manufacturing defects and damages post receiving delivery will render the product invalid for returns or replacements/exchanges.
- Modular kitchens and wardrobes are made-to-order and hence cannot be replaced or exchanged.
How do I request a return?
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of receipt of your order.
What is the 72-hour inspection policy?
Once you notify Livspace for a return request, we will make best efforts to ensure that a Livspace executive visits your site to inspect the product at the earliest within 72 hours of the request. If applicable, your return may be initiated as early as just 72 hours.
When will I receive a replacement?
When a return is accepted, the timeline for the replacement to reach you may vary from product to product. A Livspace representative will keep you informed at all times, and we will make all efforts to make your new product reach you very soon.
Livspace Quality Promise
Enjoy years of happiness with Livspace Quality Promise
With Livspace, design and shop without any worries, always. The unparalleled Livspace Quality Promise assures you a premier home design experience. With multiple quality checks at every stage, we ensure all our products are free from any material and manufacturing defects. We’ve got you covered!
To know more, write to us: email@example.com
What is the Livspace Quality Promise?
Livspace Quality Promise assures you a premier home design experience with products that are free from any material and manufacturing defects.
What are the pre-requisites of the Livspace Quality Promise?
In the event of repair, Livspace quality promise is valid only if, you possess a digital or physical proof of complete payment. You have signed the completion certificate at the time of installation
What if I lose my bill or Livspace Quality Promise handbook?
Don’t worry! In case you lose your physical Livspace quality promise handbook/ customer contract. You can request for the information by contacting Livspace customer support.
Will I be charged if I need any services after the end of the Livspace Quality Promise period?
We are happy to provide after-sales services even after your Livspace quality promise period expires. The service charges would be minimal; material charges may be incurred if anything needs replacing.
Are services, customised products, decor products and accessories provided by Livspace covered under Livspace Quality Promise?
Services and customised products offered by Livspace are not covered under Livspace quality promise. Decor products and accessories may or may not come under manufacturer warranty, depending on the product. Please speak to a Livspace authorised representative to find the manufacturer’s warranty period of any such product, not listed above.
- Livspace Quality Promise does not cover natural wear and tear or damage caused by rough handling or using the product beyond its intended use. Reading care instructions is strongly recommended to ensure longevity.
- The following are not considered as defects: natural wood characteristics such as variations in grain, color, mineral streaks and knots.
- Notify Livspace within 10 days of any defect first coming into notice, via phone or e-mail.
- Livspace will honour its quality promise only when the quality promise time period has not expired, subject to the limitations set through Livspace Terms & Conditions.
- The scope of Livspace quality promise cannot be changed or broadened by any authorized representative of Livspace.
Livspace will honour its quality promise only when
- The product supplied and installed is properly maintained and used for normal domestic use.
- The product is still owned by the original purchaser.
- The product is still at its original installed position and location.
Livspace quality promise does not include
- Any labour, installation or transportation costs or any responsibility for damage that Livspace considers as natural wear and tear of finishes and surfaces.
- Any products used or installed in conjugation with Livspace kitchen/ wardrobe/ modular storage such as electrical & plumbing fixtures, countertops and appliances. Any use of Livspace cabinetry or component parts which are contrary to instructions furnished by Livspace will void this quality promise.
- Any cabinetry or component parts that Livspace considers to have been subject to alteration, modification, accident, abnormal use, extreme temperatures and continuous contact with water, high moisture levels or use of harsh and /or abrasive cleaning chemicals.
- Normal incidental deterioration like nicks, cuts, scratches and abrasions which are resulting from normal use during the standard life of the product.
- Livspace will not be held responsible for any claims arising out of defects due to material or workmanship of products not listed under claim terms listed.
- Livspace reserves the right to alter specifications in keeping with its policy of continuous product evaluation and improvement.
- Repair(s) and/or replacement(s) are subject to the current product offerings of styles and construction options within the Livspace product line, at the time of the claim. If a claim is filed after a Livspace product becomes obsolete or discontinued, Livspace will replace the affected component with a replacement component of a similar style based on availability at the time of the claim.
- Any decision regarding repair of the said component (in part or whole) solely lies with the authorized Livspace representative. The decision will be made following an inspection by the representative whether to repair at site, or return product to the factory for refurbishing/ replacement.
- Liability: Livspace will make all efforts to replace/ repair the said defect within a reasonable period of time. Livspace will not be liable for any direct/indirect loss to the user due to the defect or delay in providing the service, or any fault arising due to design, application or installation. In no event shall the liability of Livspace, under this quality promise, exceed the purchase price of the product or its replacement.
- The quality promise is not renewed, in case the Livspace modular cabinets or components are replaced in part or whole during the said quality promise period. The replaced parts will continue to be covered under our quality promise only till the remainder of the period as indicated in its respective table. Barring components which carry a lifetime warranty, the quality promise for any product under any circumstances will not exceed a period of 5 years (for modular wardrobes & storages) and 10 years (for kitchens) from the date of possession.
- Livspace.com is a marketplace that facilitates buyers and sellers of goods and services to transact and is not the seller of any products and services.
- All registered curated vendors with Livspace.com undergo an intensive 5-step quality and background check. The registered vendors are the providers of guarantees and warranties, if any, for products and services offered by them. Livspace.com only acts as a facilitator, for the benefit of its users and under no event can be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages and quality issues, whatsoever.
- All Invoices for the products & services catered by registered vendors with Livspace.com shall be done by them directly to customers, except Platform handling fees. Please get in touch with Livspace authorised representative to know more.
Please note: Livspace Quality Promise ensures multiple quality checks, at every stage, so that we only deliver the best to you. Livspace.com is a marketplace that curates and facilitates sales of goods but under no event can be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages and quality issues, whatsoever. Livspace.com, for the benefit of users, may try to help users resolve disputes, at their request. Livspace.com does so in its sole discretion, and it has no obligation to resolve disputes between users or between users and outside parties.
Care Instructions For Your Livspace Home
All furniture & products
- Always maintain your furniture and products in dry condition.
- Any hardware or hinges can be dusted with a soft brush.
- Avoid acidic, abrasive and corrosive cleaning products.
- Avoid outdoor use and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and moisture to prevent fading and damage to the upholstery, solid wood or engineered wood furniture.
- Do not try to remove or detach fixed furniture products from their designated areas.
- Do not use chemical products for cleaning furniture used by kids or infants.
- Modifying the product beyond its intended use or standard specification is not advisable and will void warranty.
- Retouching of any kind, such as use of polish or paint products on the product is not recommended and will void warranty.
- Regularly dust your furniture.
- Periodic professional cleaning is recommended.
Upholstered furniture & products
- Dust using a soft brush or vacuum regularly using the upholstery attachment.
- Flip, rotate and fluff cushions and pillows on a regular basis to allow even distribution of wear.
- For durability and protection against stains, use a fabric and upholstery protector.
- For regular maintenance or in case of any stains/ spillage, use a mild fabric cleaner. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area first. Do not apply cleaner directly onto upholstery.
- Keep sharp objects away that can potentially damage the upholstery.
Solid wood furniture & products
- Air and sunlight may change the color of natural wood. Occasionally rotate the items placed on your solid wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop.
- For cleaning wooden surfaces, lightly wet a soft cloth, rub gently and wipe dry.
- In case of stains/ spillage on the wooden surfaces, gently rub the area with a solution of water and a mild cleaning agent. Wipe dry immediately. Avoid ammonia and alcohol-based cleaning products.
- Protect your solid wood furniture from spillages or heat by using coasters and trivets. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- We take strict precautions to make sure the wood is duly sealed. However, wood may nominally expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes.
Engineered wood furniture & products
- Do not place anything hot, cold or wet directly on engineered wood surface.
- Use of mats and coasters is highly recommended.
- Please use a damp cloth for cleaning. Wipe dry immediately.
Metal furniture & products
- For cleaning metallic surfaces, use a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately.
- To renew the metallic shine, gently polish with oil. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area first.
Space-saving furniture & products
- Drilling holes or screwing any add-on parts to the product may damage the product. Such modifications will void warranty.
- Kids below 10 years old should NOT be allowed to handle/ operate the space-saving product as it might be dangerous.
- Prior to using the product, we advise clearing the floor area. Gently guide the product to the floor while opening. Please ensure the legs are placed properly on the floor before taking your hands off.
- Use caution while opening space-saving beds and removing mattress from the mattress box.
- Please do not walk/ stand on the mattress box without a mattress.
- Use the product within the recommended weight capacity.
Modular kitchens, wardrobes & storage
- Always wipe moisture promptly and dry with a clean, soft cloth. Excess water or wet utensils may leave stains and can also cause the wood to swell or warp.
- Avoid outdoor use and keep away from direct sunlight.
- Exposing the furniture to intense heat, from hot food or coffee cups, could damage the finish. Coasters and mats should be used to keep any hot objects on wooden furniture.
- Avoid dragging any sharp objects on the wooden surface to prevent scratches and other damages.
- In case of stains, gently clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. Avoid ammonia and alcohol-based cleaning products.
- Clean the stove and burner daily, so that the food particles don’t stick to it.
- If there is a steel sink in the modular kitchen, clean the sink with soft nylon scrubbing pad so that the steel doesn't get scratched.
- Do not use any cleaning product containing chloride. Use cold water or mild detergents, if required.
- Get your chimney serviced by the manufacturer/ brand every 6 months for optimum functionality.
- Clean the entire refrigerator once a week with soapy water.
- Avoid using strong chemicals on hardware, hinges and handles. Clean with a soft cloth/ brush or if required, use a mild glass cleaner.
- For cleaning metallic surfaces, if any, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. To renew shine, gently polish with oil. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area before use.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and water to maintain the shine of stainless steel kitchen appliances or tiles.
- Avoid acidic, abrasive and corrosive cleaning products of all kinds.
- For retouching of any kind, do not use polish or paint products on your own. We recommend using professional services. However, retouching of any kind will automatically void warranty.
- While operating the shutters, do not lean or put any weight on the shutters.
- Do not use petroleum-based chemicals for cleaning acrylic or membrane surfaces.
- Do not clean the kitchen floor or sink with hydrochloric acid as the acid fumes will cause the coating on the SS hardware and hinges to rust.
- Avoid alkaline water as it has high pH which can cause marks and stains on stainless steel surfaces.
- Please do not put excess weight in your cabinets, shelves and drawers, than the recommended load capacity.
- Do not allow kids to play with the shutters/ doors.
For more instructions on maintaining your Livspace home furniture and products, please refer to the care guide shared by the manufacturer/ brand.
Livspace offers multiple payment gateways to make your interior purchase completely hassle-free.
Every Bill of Quantity (“BoQ”) shared with you will include an online payment link. The payment is processed through a secure PayU gateway and you can use it to pay through all major credit cards, debit cards, UPI, and wallets.
If you prefer a bank/wire transfer, contact your designer for payment details.
If you wish to make your payments offline, you can write a cheque/ demand draft to Livspace PTE Limited. Please get in touch with your Livspace team to opt for this option.
By providing payment card information, you represent that you are legally authorized to provide such information, authorize payments and such actions do not violate any terms and conditions or applicable law that you may be subject to. Livspace shall use the payment card information as described in its Privacy & Cookies Policy. You may add, delete, and edit the payment card account information You have provided from time to time through Livspace website or mobile application.
Transaction security guarantee
Livspace respects your financial privacy, and we guarantee the security of all online transactions made with us. Transactions are secured via PayU, which is VeriSign Secured® and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant. The VeriSign Secured® Seal is the most trusted security mark for online transactions, while Payment Card Industry (PCI) and PayU are under strict global information security standards defined for organizations handling credit holder information. So, transact online with Livspace without any worry.
In the event of a failed online transaction, no amount is deducted from your account or card. When making the payment, please ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection, and all entered details are correct, as these often result in transaction failures. Livspace shall not liable for any payments that do not complete because of insufficient funds, incorrect and/or expired payment details and circumstances beyond our control which are likely to prevent completion of a transaction
Should you still need any assistance with your payment, please contact us at [+65 6951 5376] between 10 am to 9 pm, from Monday to Saturday.
Payment Terms for a Livspace Project1
|Payment in %||Due at the time of|
|10% of the estimated quote||Booking Livspace 2|
|40% of the order value||Order(s) placement|
|45% of the order value||Completion of civil work and prior to initiation of carpentry work|
|5% of the order value||3 months from the date of handover|
1Project and order: A project refers to home design undertaking for a single home. Multiple orders can be placed for a single project (for eg., one order for modular products, a separate one for services such as civil work). Payments are processed on an order level.
2Booking Livspace: You can book your interior project with Livspace by paying a booking fee which is charged at 10% of the estimated order value. The booking fee is adjusted against future orders. If the scope of your project increases significantly, you may be required to pay 10% for the new scope before design can begin.
Payment terms for an order
In case your booking fee is already adjusted against an order(s), the following payment terms will apply for all subsequent orders:
|Payment in %||Due at the time of|
(10% booking fee + 40%)
|45% of the order value||Completion of civil work and prior to initiation of carpentry work|
|5% of the order value||3 months from the date of handover|
- Delays in making a payment at any stage can cause a delay in the project completion. Livspace is not liable for any such delay.
- In case of project cancellation, we are unable to refund any money as cash or Livspace store credits.
- Livspace reserves the right to revise the applicable payment terms from time to time in its sole discretion provided, however, that such revision shall not apply retrospectively.
- All charges payable for products or services availed through Livspace’s platform or services will be subject to prevailing statutory taxes (e.g. Goods and Services Tax, Value Added Tax, etc) as may be in force or introduced at any time.
- All payments by users in respect of products or services availed through Livspace’s platform or services shall be paid without set-off or counterclaim and free and clear of and without deduction or withholding for or on account of any taxes, levies, imposts, duties, fees, assessments or other charges of whatever nature, imposed by any governmental authorities, and all interest, penalties or similar liabilities with respect thereto.
- Payees shall be responsible for their own bank charges or fees, including but not limited to remittance fees and credit card fees, in connection with their payments.