For most homeowners, home interiors is a high-value purchase. In fact, most Indian homeowners get their interiors done just once in a lifetime as per our research. That statistic tells a lot about how the decision is made; very carefully and after extensive research. So, if you’re wondering why you must choose Livspace interior design over other options, we can give not one but 146 different reasons!
The assurance of quality leads this list of reasons by a huge margin, but let’s put things in context first by taking it one step at a time.
Getting your modular furniture from a carpenter/contractor?
The local carpenter seems like the easiest option when we think of getting furniture for our home. Experienced carpenters might advance their services to carpentry and general construction supervisory. They also tell you the type and quantity of materials you would require for your home and give you a timeline for the completion of all the work. But have you ever thought about the guarantees that come with any of this? What if your furniture is not sturdy? What if the hinges of your door come off easily? Will the carpenter check all of this and more?
What are the quality checks guaranteed by carpenters?
While carpenters construct, install and repair structures and furniture made from wood, they are also perform a host of other activities. But, if you have ever worked with a carpenter earlier, you already know that there’s a considerable amount of running around that is involved in this process. You have to be on your toes most of the time and constant following will become a part of your daily schedule. So, have you ever thought, after all this running around, do you get a guarantee of superior quality furniture and installation? Carpenters will make sure that your furniture and fittings are sturdy and that the overall structure looks good. But have you ever thought about the various types of testing that your furniture could go through? Maybe your carpenter or contractor is not the best person to do all this.
How many quality checks should you as a consumer expect?
As a consumer you might have a list of things that you check before you buy a piece of furniture. Like checking the quality of wood, sturdy fixtures, quality of the fabric, upholstery, inspect the legs because that’s the risky bit and so on. But do you think this is the exhaustive list? Before you get the furniture installed, the assurances for the quality checks should come to you. Visual checks, hardware check, checking of the finishes, construction and composition. A good quality check also involves post-installation checks like smooth mechanism, alignment and so on.
What are the different types of quality checks we do?
At Livspace, we make sure that the homeowners are completely satisfied with the quality of products and finishes. For this, we have various types of checks that are carried out on each piece of furniture that you buy from us. To be precise, we do 146 quality checks for everything. Let us elaborate this for you, so that you know what we are talking about. Some of the check that we do are:
- There is a visual check of exposed surfaces to detect and correct dents, uneven surface, bubble and chipping in panels
- All wooden board edges go through trimming, pasting and rounding of corners to ensure a flawless finish
- Visual check also ensures panel finish is free from defects, scratches, cracks etc.
- We check the panel finishes to maintain color, pattern/grain as per the design intent
- We also check the shutters for opening, grain orientation, profile, finish and shade variation. This is to ensure that the design intent is as per customer requirement
- We also test hardware functionality to verify if the product performs as per expectation
- Visual check are also done to ensure that glass/mirror is free from scratches, patches and corner chipping
- Membrane finish is checked such that it is free from wrinkles, air pockets and dust
- The same check is carried out for PU finish as well
- Checks are done to make sure there is no shade variation, color dripping and pin holes
- Furniture is also checked for buff marks, paint peel-off and orange peel
- We also make sure edge sharpness and uniform edge radius is maintained in all shutters
When it comes to modular furniture, some checks deserve your special attention
#1: Water Dip Test: For edge band quality
Benefit: Makes sure the edge band doesn’t allow water to seep through the panels, thus increasing their lifespan.
#2: Edge Band Pull Test: For edge band strength
Benefit: If the edge bonding is strong, the band will withstand daily wear and tear for a long time.
#3: Stability Test: For the stability of the cabinet structure
Benefit: Makes sure that the cabinet does not overturn.
#4: Shutter and Drawer Cyclic Test: For hinge and drawer system quality
Benefit: Guarantees that the hinges and hardware will stand the test of time and heavy usage.
#5: Horizontal and Vertical Force Test: For the hinge quality
Benefit: Ensures that the hinges don’t come out even in stressed conditions, which reduces the risk of accidents.
#6: Leg Strength Test: Tests the cabinet for leg strength
Benefit: Makes sure that the cabinet stands even under stressed conditions.
#7: Drop Test: Tests the structural strength of cabinets
Benefit: Ensures that your cabinets can withstand rough usage without sustaining structural damage.
#8: Shelf Load Test: Tests for shelf strength and stability
Benefit: Ensures that the shelves can hold the weight of even the heaviest items you keep on them.
- We ensure proper installation of each module
- We carry out checks for complete accessories and drawer movement after installation is complete
- Livspace offers soft closing of hinges/channels
- We offer shutter alignment checks to maintain everything is in place
- We also ensure that the skirting is complete
- Livspace checks handles and locks thoroughly
- We give a complete product demo to the customer during installation
Furniture quality checks
- Product measurements are checked
- We also check the carcass construction
- Foaming checks like recron filling, etc are carried out
- Workmanship is also tested for holes, tears, dirt, stains and so on
- Physical tests are done on finished sofas to check for stability and strength
- Raw material checks are carried out
- Stability and alignment of the products is checked
- There are certain acceptance and rejection criteria that we follow as well
- We also follow rigorous and separate quality checks for metal products
What benefit will you get from so many quality checks?
Have we got you thinking that how will all these quality checks make a difference for you? Well, if you want your furniture and interiors to last long then these checks will definitely ensure that. You will not have to deal with any noisy doors, cracking legs and other disastrous interior design mistakes. Every piece of furniture will go through rigorous tests and in the end you will have flawless interiors that will last you a lifetime!
Send in your comments and suggestions.